The primary role of the Human Resources Department is to handle Human Resources issues at all levels of employment. This includes a range of functions from recruitment to Health and Safety. The HR Manager also manages grievances, complaints and disciplinary issues. On the other side of this role, they ensure that all new employees of the South England Conference are well introduced into the organisation, arranging inductions and any necessary training for individuals.
The department looks after the Human Resources requirements of all staff who work for the South England Conference, which includes teachers, school staff, Ministers of Religion and office staff who are based at the Watford regional office.
Working alongside the Executive Secretary, the Human Resources Manager ensures that the legal side of the organisation’s employment practices are kept up-to-date and relevant.
Staff Resources & Forms:
Individual sections are downloadable below:
- Section 1 Constitution (July 2016)
- Section 2 General Denominational Guideline (Jun 2018)
- Section 3 Conditions of Employment (March 2018)
- Section 4 Employees' Welfare (Jun 2020)
- Section 5 Finance (Jun 2020)
- Section 6 Ireland Isle of Man
- Section 7 Education (Nov 2018)
- Section 8a SDA Health and Safety Policy Statement (Nov 2018)
- Section 8b SDA Codes of Safety Practice - Dec 2009
- Section 8c Keeping the Church Family Safe Child and Adult Protection Policy & Procedures (Nov 2018).
- Section 8d Domestic Abuse (Mar 2019)
- Section 9 Complaints Policy & Procedure (Jun 2018)
- Section 10 Data Protection (Mar 2018)