It is mandatory that all Pathfinder and Adventurer staff attend Basic Staff training. It is recomended that all staff attend every 3 years as a refresher especially where they have not been continually active in the ministry.
The BST Course is designed to develop awareness in leaders of the basic fundamentals of the Pathfinder/Adventurer Club and help teachers become familiar with the procedures, policies and resources necessary to commence and maintain a Pathfinder club. It will teach those basic elements of information required for any Pathfinder/Adventurer staff member or leader to adequately fulfil his or her duties.
Participants will attend a minimum of 10 hours of seminar training conducted by the SEC. Which usually run accross 2 Sundays, In addition to this the participants are expected to complete the SEC KCFS (Keeping the Church Family Safe) Training (with the exception of Guide class).
The seminar will cover the following areas:
* Pathfinder Club Ministry: Its History, Purpose, and Relationship to Church, TLT and MasterGuides
* Introduction to Club Organisation & Leadership
* Introduction to Pathfinder Club Outreach
* Introduction to Basic Drill
* Introduction to Pathfinder Club Programming and Planning
* Development Growth (Pathfinder & Adventurer)
* Introduction to Teaching Skills (Pathfinder & Adventurer)
* Introduction to Medical, Risk Management, Child Safety Issues and Outdoor Safety
Please note to complete the training you will need to attend all sessions on both days, and complete the SEC KCFS training.
Once you have completed all sessions including KCFS, you will need to submit your signed certification form to the SEC office, and you will be issued with a certificate.
Session 1: 9.00am to 12.00pm
Session 2: 2.00pm to 4.35pm
You need to register (1 person – 1 registration entry) to access the training and materials. Once registered the Zoom details will be sent to you by email. You will need to have a Zoom account and use your real name (as per registration) when entering meeting.
Registration form on the right of this page.