Gift Aid

Gift Aid

Gift Aid’ is the Inlands Revenue’s dispensation to revert tax to charities on charitable giving. 

To qualify donors must pay income and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax the charity reclaims on your donations in the tax year (currently 28p for each £1 you give). If you pay tax at the higher rate you can claim further tax relief in you Self-Assessment tax return. If you are unsure whether your donations quality for Gift Aid tax relief, we will be pleased to offer guidance, or you may ask your local tax office for the leaflet IR113 Gift Aid, or visit:

Please notify the South England Conference of any change to your name nor address while the declaration is in force. You may cancel the declaration at any time by notifying the South England Conference directly or by indicating ‘No Tax’ on an offering envelops. We will then cease making tax claims on your contributions. You should do this if your personal circumstances change such that you no longer pay tax on your income.

The ‘Seventh-day Adventist Church’ includes agencies and subsidiaries of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, 12501 Colombia Pike, Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. Within the United Kingdom registered charities include: The British Union Conference, Seventh-day Adventist Association Ltd, South England Conference, North England Conference, Stanborough Press Ltd, Good Health Association Ltd, Newbold College, ADRA UK, World Wide Advent Missions Ltd. Churches and schools are affiliated with respective Conferences.

Frequently Asked Questions:

What information should I put on the new Gift Aid Declaration form?
How does the new Gift Aid scheme differ from the Deed of Covenant?
What happens if I am no longer a taxpayer?
Which offerings qualify?
Should every last 50p go into an envelope?
Will the local church lose out if the funds are given with tithe?
How soon will the church feel the benefit?
How will the reversions be distributed?
Do I have to remember to quote my Gift Aid reference number every time I give?
I am not sure if I pay enough tax.