The 64th SEC Session will be held at the University of Essex, Colchester and will begin on the 7th September, concluding on Sunday, 10th September 2023. This event comes around every four years and was last held in September 2019.
The work of the session is an essential part of the governance of the SEC and a great deal of business is conducted over the four days.
- Appointing a recommendations committee, which in turn makes recommendations for the nominating committee, constitutional committee, Credentials and licenses Committee and Plans committee.
- The nominating committee will work during the Session to recommend to the delegates:
- Voting new officers (President, Executive Secretary & Treasurer)
- Voting new executive committee members/trustees
- Voting new departmental directors
- The Credentials and licenses Committee will review the following:
- Voting new credentials and licences for all employees for the next four years
- Review the Lay preachers from the local congregations
- Each department of the Conference will give a report of their work for the previous four years and take questions
- A crucial part of the work of Session is reviewing the proposed changes to our governing document which was last updated in 2015. You can learn more about the constitution and the proposed changes by clicking this link.
These are just some of the main items of business. For more information about the responsibilities and roles of session delegates see the Church Manual or this document which has the relevant paragraphs.
You can find the current Church Manual online at https://www.adventist.org/resources/church-manual/.
The GC Rules of Order which are used to guide Session proceedings can be downloaded here.
South England Conference Audited Accounts
A copy of the last five years of audited financial statements and trustees annual report can be found and downloaded from the Charity Commission website and it also contains additional information about the Conference which you find useful. https://register-of-charities.charitycommission.gov.uk/charity-search/-/charity-details/1045587.
- SEC Website: https://sec.adventist.uk/
- Church Manual online: https://www.adventist.org/resources/church-manual/
- University of Essex, Colchester Campus: https://www.essex.ac.uk/life/colchester-campus
- How to get to the Colchester Campus: https://www.essex.ac.uk/visit-us/plan-your-visit/travel-to-colchester
- Map of the Campus: https://www.essex.ac.uk/-/media/documents/about/colchester-campus-map.pdf
- Charity Commission: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/charity-commission
Previous Session Reports
- 2019 Session Reports
- 2015 Session Reports